Selling Your Home
For most families, their home is their largest financial asset, and deciding to sell it is a big decision that involves a lot of preparation and work. When you're ready to sell it's important to have an experienced real estate professional handle the details involved in the successful sale of a home for top dollar.
As an experienced professional who has helped over 4,600 Western Pennsylvania residents sell their homes, I know how to handle every aspect of the sales process - from strategically marketing and showcasing your home, to making sure everything's signed, sealed and delivered by the closing date.
Providing you with comprehensive marketing and transaction management is my top priority. So when you decide to sell your home, please contact me first and let's get started!
Beginning the home sale process:
- First and foremost, you have already made the best decision in selling your home....Contacting me! Now let’s get started.
Preparing your home for selling:
- When preparing your home for sale, you must take yourself out of the equation and look at your home through the eyes of a buyer. You must remember, that buyers purchase via a comparison process. They look at each property on the market and compare what each property offers them for their hard earned money, and make their decision based upon that.
- When we meet for the first time, at your property, we will be discussing many things about the selling process and also what you can do to make your property shine above the competition.
- Some of the things we will discuss will be any repairs that I would recommend to the interior and exterior.
- We will also discuss what you will need to do in order to get the home ready for the marketing photos, aerial photos and virtual tours. I personally and professionally photograph every one of the properties that I market for sale using high end, professional photography equipment.
Going live on the market:
- Once your home is ready to go on the market and we have established the list price, is when all the excitement happens.
- Your home will be marketed via my multi-point, multi-phased, broad based marketing plan, that is custom designed for your home and individual situation. The details of this marketing plan will be reviewed and discussed with you in person.
- My goal is to sell your property for the most amount of money, in the least amount of time, with the least amount of hassle for you.
What to expect during marketing of your home:
- Buyers always form a first impression from the moment they drive up and see the exterior of the property. Keeping the exterior well kept and neat is key to the exterior first impression. Many buyers drive by the properties prior to contacting us, so a neat, presentable exterior is paramount.
- Buyers also will form another first impression once they walk in the front door. We understand that you are likely living in your home and keeping your home well kept and neat is very important to the marketing process.
- During the marketing period, you will have showing requests and I will do my best to give you ample opportunity to prepare for the showing. You will be approving each showing date and time as they occur.
- It’s always recommended that you leave the property when it is going to be shown. That way the buyer and their agent are able to enjoy their experience in the property and not feel rushed. If you must be at the property while it is being shown, just give the buyer’s and their agent some space.
You’ve received an offer:
- You may receive one or many offers on your property. With each offer I will prepare an estimated return to seller. This give you an idea of what you will be netting on the sale.
- Should you receive many offers, we will typically advise you to go out for highest and best offers. This gives each buyer an opportunity to improve their offer.
- When we analyze the offer(s) we will factor in the price and the terms and conditions. The highest price isn’t always the best offer.
An offer is accepted:
- You have accepted an offer so what is next?
- I will work closely with you and the buyer’s agent in scheduling all the inspections and appraisals of the property.
- I will also guide you on what municipal inspections that are your responsibility to get completed.
- Should there be any issues crop up from any of the inspections or appraisal, I will offer advice on how to proceed with those issues as well.
- Typically, you will have between 30 and 60 days until closing depending on the buyers form of payment.
“My job is to not only get your home sold, but to manage and coordinate the entire transaction so it is a smooth and easy process for you!”